Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Doug Fleury Profile

I have nearly 20 years of experience in the rental industry, encompassing various management positions throughout the United States.

While most of my technical knowledge is acquired from hands-on experience, my corporate management knowledge is gained originally through formal education.

I am proud to have served in the U.S. Naval Reserve learning discipline and respect; qualities I find most beneficial personally and professionally.

My most recent employment was with Rebel Rents, Inc., the largest independent company in Southern California. I was with them for the last seven (7) years as a member of the Senior Management Team overseeing the Risk, Marketing and Fleet departments, among other responsibilities.

With my vast experience in and knowledge of the rental industry, I have been asked to contribute my thoughts to many published articles including the ARA’s Rental Management Magazine, Equipment Today and Construction Today, to name a few.

In addition to published articles, I have also been involved in a variety of committees with the American Rental Association (ARA) such as the Construction and Industrial Services Special Interest Group (SIG) for 2007 and 2008 and both the California and National Legislative Caucuses that affect the rental industry in many different levels. I also took part in the John Deere Advisory Board during the 2008 ARA National Convention in Las Vegas along with being ARA “Construction U” Panelist Speaker.